Saturday, March 23, 2024

The Dreaded Title

Making titles is one of my least favorite aspects of a creative project. To be fully honest, it either comes to me naturally and it's a fun addition, or I have to carve it out of the depths of my empty brain, and feels like a needle in the bottom of my shoe each time I'm reminded of it. I am devastated to report that this is one of those projects where it feels impossible. Unfortunately for me, I must title it, it is a crucial requirement of this intro. 

I want the title to be attention-grabbing, to be memorable, and to capture the essence of the movie.

My Options:

The Ghost Project

Pros: It's straight to the point, probably memorable due to its simplicity.

Cons: Gives too much away, reminds me of The Blair Witch Project, too boring, doesn't capture the essence.

Renee

Pros: It's unique, possibly memorable.

Cons: Too simple for me, doesn't capture the essence.

Tanda and Renee/Renee and Tanda

Pros: Feels appropriate for target audience (kinds), cute.

Cons: Once again, too simple and straightforward. 

All Our Shades of Blue

Pros: Alludes to the blue motif (representing hope and sadness), not simple, might be memorable, I think it captures the essence.

Cons: Might be too complex for the target audience.

Decisions:

Honestly, this is difficult because I don't particularly love any of the options. I have found myself hopelessly trying to find something that feels decent. My personal favorite as of now is "All Our Shades of Blue" Ironically enough, I only came up with it while trying to actually search for shades of blue. I appreciate creative titles, and this is the most creative out of all the ones I came up with.

So What?

Coming up with titles this time was not an easy task, but I would be happy to have "All Our Shades of Blue" as the title. I am already picturing how I could try to animate it even with a bunch of shades of blue (I am not an animator, but I love trying new things and, with it being spring break, I have more free time). Now I'm gonna look for songs, and continue through the post-production and editing process.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Critical Reflection

I'm officially done with my CCR! Click here to watch my first CCR-An Interview Click here to watch my second CCR-Production Presentation...