For this assignment, we were instructed to tell a story in 15 shots using specific shot types to convey the idea and tone of the story.
I decided to tell the comedic story of a small stuffed bunny who had forgotten a small pie inside a coffee mug on a desk and had to struggle to climb into it to retrieve it.
I think I did a good job in choosing shots and a shot order that could display the emotions of the bunny as the story progressed (even though it's a stuffed animal whose facial expressions don't change). My favorite shot is the high-angle long shot (although retrospectively, I could've zoomed out further) since it was able to represent the realization and isolation of the bunny without any dialogue. However, I could've done a better job with the Establishing shot and the final shot by portraying the entire desk rather than just a corner, as this would have not only made the setting clearer but would have done a better job portraying the scale of the bunny and his helplessness in the end as well. I also could've used a taller mug and had the bunny use some sort of stepping tool so it would make more sense that he is stuck inside.















No comments:
Post a Comment