Sunday, March 17, 2024

Filming the B-roll

 Today since neither of my sisters could help me, my mother helped as the "tripod" for the lights and as my behind-the-scenes camera woman. We filmed all of the b-roll this time. This time everything went smoother than the last since I didn't have an actor on the screen to be told what to do. I would like to add that I was unable to get a camera for either of the recording days and had to settle for my phone (with no tripod or stabilizer) since that is what I have available to me.

Setting up:

I forgot to mention this in the previous blog post, but I had to reorganize my shelves a bit to fit the character of the ghost (as this room is meant to have been hers). Mostly I just removed things and placed them on the table in my living room.

The Mess

Behind-the-Scenes:

Me filming while my mother serves as the tripod for the lights.

The setup for the shot of the door with the light.

Possible Concerns:

Due to my lack of tripod or stabilizer, I am worried that the shots might come out too shaky. I know a few tricks to stabilize the shots while on Premier Pro, but it's not always effective. 

Key Props:

The tarot cards and crystals to represent how Renee got obsessed with the occult before passing.

The mini setup of the attic of the Haunted Mansion at Disney, also to represent her obsession with ghosts.

This is the medicine she was taking to treat her illness before she died. (I got the flu this week)

My Favorite Shot of the Day:

My Camera Roll After The Past Two Days:

So What?

Almost done with filming. All I need is the one shot of the other girl in class/school looking bored/sad/mad. I am pretty happy with Today's results. I got all of the B-roll I believe I'll need and I know that if during editing I need to fix my b-roll, it won't be too hard to set it up again and film some more b-roll or reshoot anything. I had my mother move around the light to show that Renee is moving and the source of light is alive and not still, but I am worried that it only adds to the shakiness. Hopefully, I'll be able to edit out the shakiness of the camera, and the lights moving will look organic like I was hoping. I am content with the visual symbols and foreshadowing. The next stage is post-production: editing, finding the music, choosing a title and font, and hoping I have at least two minutes worth of content.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Critical Reflection

I'm officially done with my CCR! Click here to watch my first CCR-An Interview Click here to watch my second CCR-Production Presentation...