I finally started editing today! I am happy to announce that I'm not even done putting all my shots in, and I already have more than 2-minutes worth of content. It is extremely relaxing to know that I am not short on time since that was my biggest concern. Today's cut is extremely rough, I have not added the music yet, and I have a bunch of continuity errors to try and fix now. I will say though, that I am extremely happy with the results of the lights.
Progress Vid:
Timeline:
My Notes:
- Continuity errors in the cuts during the rummaging part (00:22-00:30)
- Continuity errors while Sowing (01:15, 01:27, 01:32, 01:39, 02:08, 02:10) These are all due simply to the fact that there's a lot of movement while sowing, sometimes her hand would be in a different position than the last shot, sometimes I forgot to shoot a simple movement. I can either lean into the jumpcut feel and make the whole process more fast-paced by focusing only on the important actions, or I can try to make it feel as smooth as possible. Luckily, the last two continuity errors can be avoided by taking out that part, since I'm overtime and still missing the title and the logo in the beginning.
- Jump cut at 01:09 because I did not change the angle enough between the shots but it's sadly the only way to keep the continuity. Might play around to try and make it feel smoother.
- At 00:44 you can hear me saying "ok." Mute it/cut it off.
- Add the title right after/with the reveal of the bunny.
- Cut off the video mid-sowing of the eye in a way that makes it clear there's more coming.
- I might cut the rummaging to just one shot (extremely glad I added the sowing idea because now it's the main part of the intro).
- Color-correct these shots: 00:26, 01:07, 02:05, 02:08.
- Add music
- Try adding the sound of her rummaging in the b-roll.
- Add the credits!
- Try adding cute stings, especially in the reveal of the bunny.
- If I cut off the single shot showing her face, all the shots will not show her face. I can use that to create more mystery around who/what she is.
- I will probably not add the shot of the other girl.
So What?
It's not perfect, but I am proud of my results so far. I'm gonna spend more time editing tomorrow and hopefully finishing the intro. There might still be some mistakes to fix, but that always happens with any project, and I still have time to fix them. I will focus on the CCR as soon as I'm done with the editing.

No comments:
Post a Comment