Today I just kept editing, I fixed some continuity errors, color-corrected, added the music, and created the title card. I still have a long way to go before I am done since there are still some issues to fix.
Progress Vid:
Timeline:
Fixing Continuity and Adding the Music:
In terms of continuity, I decided to go with the "jump cuts." This ended up feeling smoother than showing each and every movement. I had been skeptical about this choice before, but it's much more efficient than my original plan. I added the music and decided to turn on the audio of the clips for now. I also cut down the rummaging to one shot. Due to the music being shorter than two minutes, I changed the pacing a bit to try to end it on a note that doesn't make the video feel finalized. I edited some cuts to fit the beats of the music better.
Notes: I might reshoot some/most of the b-roll tomorrow, some of it is too shaky, and you can see the movement of my steps when I was shooting the door. Add a logo in the first few seconds. For the most part, I believe I'm done majorly changing the timeline.
Color Correcting and Sharpening:
Notes: I think I did a good job at color-correcting, and that the sharpness improved the look of the intro as a whole, I plan on doing the same if I end up replacing any other shots.
Creating the Title Card:
It just so happened to be that close to the exact moment that I had been planning to add the title card, the melody descends. This descent in the melody gave me the idea of having the title be in cursive and animating the movements. I decided to use After Effects even though I have minimal previous experience with it. I found a quick and simple tutorial for just what I wanted to do. After some searching, I decided on a font type called "Blithe," and played with the size, color, and position of the letters until I was satisfied with how it looked. I picked "Blithe" due to its playfulness and relative readability, because of the target audience of children. Creating the animation was a surprisingly simple, although time-consuming, process.
Notes: Considering I almost never use After Effects, this was a pretty successful first attempt. I plan on shortening the animation to only the descent of the music since currently, it goes on for longer than it should. Also, I want to smooth out the T in "the." I need to add the credits to the video, I do not plan on using After Effects for this as of now, but I might try. I want to create and animate a logo, probably will be using Procreate and After Effects.
Now What? (yes I changed it this time)
I've made a lot of progress, but there's still so much left to do. I am quickly running out of time, but I am still fairly confident I can pull it off. Once I fix every issue I previously mentioned, (while keeping in mind that no project can be perfect) I will work on my CCR.







No comments:
Post a Comment