Turns out is something I dislike. They're helpful, but I struggle with drawing what I picture in my head. After a failed attempt to start one, I decided that a shot list would be more helpful for my particular situation.
The Shot List:
I realized having her just rummage through a box for two minutes would be boring. I knew I wanted her to find something in that box, but I did not know what exactly or what the relevance was. Yesterday, the eye of my stuffed bunny fell off and I was devastated, but it gave me this idea. Renee, the ghost, stitching an eye in the bunny represents how she has a need to help and fix things for others. Her role in this film, in a way, is to help Tanda see things in a new way, and her fixing the eye of a bunny is, literally, helping the bunny see (stuffed animals don't see, but that's irrelevant). In my head, this room she's in is hers before she died. The things on the shelves represent/foreshadow how she died and her mentality right before it happened. There's medicine alluding to her sickness, and occult objects (tarot cards, crystals, ghost figurines) to allude to her becoming obsessed with the idea of spirits and the undead prior to her passing.
So what?
Not only do I now have a clear idea of the shots that I need to record this week, but I also feel more confident in the content of the intro and I'm no longer afraid of not having enough content for two whole minutes. The next step is to (Finally) begin the filming process. I plan to start and finish editing next week, and to focus on my CCR over spring break (the final week).

No comments:
Post a Comment