Sunday, February 18, 2024

What to Focus on (Aka Brainstorm #2)

Now that I have the base of the movie plot idea, I want to brainstorm the different methods I could approach my movie intro with.

Idea #1 Focus on the Main Character
  • A scene portraying the main character as lonely but out of her own will while there are hints to the supernatural elements of the ghost (ie. things being moved without anyone touching them, mysterious sounds). She could be alone in her room/house after rejecting an invitation to a social event.
  • Develops tone and character.
  • Could focus on lighting/color grading to push the dejected/mysterious tone or focus on costuming and props to push the character development.
  • Pros: Its my simplest concept so far.
  • Cons: Could come off as angsty.

Idea #2 Focus on the Ghost
  • Another of my ideas is to make the Ghost represent and be represented by the color blue. (if she's haunting somehting, it's something that's blue/if she's in a visible form she emits a blue light)
    • Blues represent loyalty, peacefulness, aswell as sadness, all of which represent the character of the ghost perfectly to me. She is the sadness that the main character is feeling, but she's also loyal to the main character and is ultimately gonna bring peace to her life. 
      • This makes me want to name the character (and possibly the movie) after a shade of blue.
  • Possibly show the ghost inside the house in a way that the main character cannot see her but the audience can.
  • I could play with blue lighting and objects.
  • Develop tone and mystery.
  • Creates the question of what is going on.
  • Pros: I believe I could make the best and most creative choices with this option.
  • Cons: I'll have to asnwer the question of how to show the ghost. Could be over complicated.

Overall

I'm clearly leaning on idea #2 but I know I have Idea #1 as a back up in case I am not able to figure out how to show the ghost and decide it's better to focus on the Main Character rather than the Ghost. My next step before starting the script will be to research my genre which I currently believe to be supernatural/coming of age.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Critical Reflection

I'm officially done with my CCR! Click here to watch my first CCR-An Interview Click here to watch my second CCR-Production Presentation...